Sunday, January 21, 2007

Mom's Hair Cut

This weekend was a pretty good one :) I feel like we just rounded the bin on phase 1 that involved moving Mom in and getting used to having her here, as well as getting ALL the massive paperwork done that needs doing. I now feel like we are headed toward easier times. I got tons of work down around the house this weekend and I got to spend some quality time with Mom.

Saturday morning Mom's dogs escaped into the front yard and Kevin andI let her know so that she could round them up. We both decided a while back we aren't chasing the little boogers everytime they get out, as we don't want to take on even more stress than we already have in our present lives. We told Mom that if she is going to have her dogs here, they are her responsibility. Of course, one day, I know I'll have to help with them if it eventually get's to be too much for her.

After she rounded up her dogs, I suggested a few options she might decide between to stop them from escaping. She never decided. Later, I found her crying in her room with the dogs. I realized at that moment, that Mom is different now. With Pick's Disease, she is going to be more easily overwhelmed by issues than she has in the past. I was on real role cleaning up the house, but decided to stop and spend some time with her helping to think of a solution. We ended up at PetSmart purchasing the Innotek training zone. It's been raining, so we having used it since it's really meant for indoors. I think it might work, though. We will probably need to purchase more than one zone, however.

After that I actually went and did something for me...I had my hair cut and colored. Then my hairdresser suggested I take my mom (I had been telling him she desperately needed a cut) to Regis in the mall where his partner worked. Well, I did and the guy was fabulous. Mom feels really pretty now. While she was getting her haircut I went Parisians and bought her some new earrings. After that we went home and she brought me her digital camera and asked me to take some pics of her. I thought that was really cute....she must have been feeling really good about herself!!! I took some and we uploaded them. Maybe, someday, I'll upload one if I can figure out how to do it.

Well, my husband has been experiencing a dry spell for sometime now. I solved that issue a few minutes ago too!! Ahhhhh, I feel so good to have my Mom happy, my house significantly cleaner, and my husband happy too.

Signing off, Michele

No comments: